Axminster Carpets is Britain's oldest, best known and most prestigious carpet designer and manufacturer. Our high quality carpets are found in Royal palaces, the best hotels, sports stadiums and private houses. We are a national treasure and the true authentic in carpet.
We are looking for talented people to be part of our future success as we grow the business.
Our business is changing rapidly and we now seek a Production Operative to join our skilled team. An enthusiastic person, you will work within our Weaving Department supporting our weaving looms. The role involves changing the designated looms to the next works order. This will involve working on a shift pattern. Textile experience would be an advantage, but may not be necessary depending on the candidate.
This is an exciting time to join, so if you would like to be part of the journey, please submit your CV, together with a covering letter.
- Support the weaving team in increasing efficiencies.
- To change the loom over efficiently.
- To follow procedures and ensure records are kept.
- To play an active part of the shift change meeting with the incoming colleagues.
- To assist with effective communication across all parts of the Business on all matters relating to the changeover status, providing up to date information.
- To provide input and support on continuous projects and to carry out any other tasks as may be required.
- Organise working area and raw materials required with correct labels including on the returning of raw materials to the designated area.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Detailed understanding of the contribution of the production function to the overall performance of a business
- Excellent analytical skills
- IT skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to take a proactive approach to overcome challenges and achieve results.
- Excellent communication skills - written and oral
- Team player, willing to get stuck in, do what it takes
- Personal integrity
- Positive, optimistic
- High level of energy, comfortable working at pace